Sunday, April 18, 2010

All-Natural Alternative to Adderall

In the last week I've written 3 six-to-eight page papers and one 25 page research paper. Granted, during this time I had no social life and resigned myself to day after boring day of sitting at the kitchen table working on these essays, but it was due to my herbal cocktail that I was really able to get through this awful period.

I've never been able to use Aderrall or Riddlin as "study drugs" despite their popularity with the majority of the college population. Let's just say that the few times I have tried these drugs, I experienced the total opposite effect-- becoming paranoid and scatterbrained, fearful that world was going to end, literally. Not a very fun time for me. Weird side effects aside, if you don't have a prescription for these drugs, they can be difficult and costly to acquire. It's also illegal, but considering as how often college students engage in illegal activities-- underage drinking, drug usage, etc-- I doubt this is a top concern. Regardless, I'm a far bigger proponent of natural, herbal supplements, and it is for this reason that I decided to add some new pills to my regimen this past week.
In addition to the tons of other pills and powders that I drink on a daily basis, I began taking three Siberian Eleuthero Root pills and two Ginkgo Biloba pills each morning with my cup of iced coffee. Aside from the purported benefits of these herbs and the fact that I was able to get a lot of work done, I know that these supplements work because on the two days in which I did not take them, I got no work done. I had difficulty both focusing and motivating myself to work. However, on the days in which I did take this pill combo, I could easily work at a steady pace for at least five hours. Given my college track record, I have been amazingly productive this past week. Motivation and 'giving a shit' problems plague me on a daily basis, leading me to become the all-nighter/last-minute student that I so loathed in high school. This is not say that my new herbal regimen of Eleuthero and Ginkgo have suddenly made me care about my schoolwork (far from it!), but it has miraculously enabled me to focus long enough to hunker down and do the work.

There are many benefits to both pills, ranging from anti-inflammatory and cancer preventing qualities, however, focusing, mental stamina, and the like are the most common known benefits. Below is a list of the main benefits of each herb.



Siberian Eleuthero (Note: For many years, this herb was marketed as "ginseng" in the US because of its similar properties. It is, however, of a different family and has slightly different properties)

  • promotes mental vigor and alertness
  • protect against stress-related illnesses
  • increases mental and physical stamina and endurance
  • improve concentration and memory
  • promotes blood flow to the brain and extremities
  • reduces anxiety and stress

7 comments:

  1. WHOA! This is so cool! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am going to buy these today for my boyfriend who is pre-law at UCLA...are you still taking it? any side effects? pros...cons? thanx for any information you can provide!

    http://www.neenajay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use Doxiderol which is natural Adderall alternative is popular in our college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doxiderol is good as brain booster and the price price also reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nootopics also the good samrt drugs with the Natural Adderall alternative that helps to enhance the enzyme level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of some of these weird side effects caused by taking Adderall. If it really makes you feel paranoid and scatterbrained, then I don't see why people are taking it for a study drug. If the herbal supplements you listed, such as Siberian Eleuthero and Ginkgo Biloba are a much safer alternative to Adderall, then I would be willing to give them a try. I have several midterms this semester I need to do some heavy studying for.

    Paul O. Herman | https://www.mindmilq.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear that there are alternatives to Adderall. My grandmother has been suffering from memory loss for some time, but hasn't wanted to take the Adderall. Now I see there are many options for her and that she can take another route. I'll have to tell her about some of the herbs and other supplement s. https://www.mindmilq.com/

    ReplyDelete