A scrumptious and healthy salad, replete with flavor and packed with: calcium, vitamin K, iron, folic acid, vitamin C, carotenoids, and essential amino acids. An easy and tasty way to fill your body with healthy nutrients after a weekend of partying.
- 1 1/2 cup spinach leaves, ripped into pieces (* I prefer to buy the "spinach for cooking" as opposed to salad spinach for its thicker, crunchier texture, which offsets the seaweed taste)
- 1/2 cup Shirakiku Cut Dried Wakame Seaweed (or any other wet seaweed you have)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Pour Shirakiku Wakame Seaweed into a bowl and cover with water, about an inch higher than the seaweed. Wait five minutes for the seaweed to expand and absorb the water. Pour out excess water. Squeeze seaweed to eliminate more water and pour out.
- Combine spinach, garlic, and celery in a large bowl. Add seaweed.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mix lemon juice, water, soy sauce, cumin, pepper, nutritional yeast, chili powder, and onion powder. Adjust to taste.
- Add dressing to salad. Mix.
Makes one serving.